
Who doesn't have a blast flying a kite? Usually we get all of our kite flying urges out of our system by the end of March, but since it didn't get nice enough till April we are running a little late this year.

It didn't take long for the neighbors to start creeping over the fences with their own kites and join in the fun.
Obviously it doesn't take much to entertain us. For a $1.00 per kite at Wal-Mart we are content all spring.While the boys have kite wars (trying to get others strings caught on their own) Josie hangs back and reads. She's a real blast to fly kites with.

So if someone tells you to 'go fly a kite' just tell them, "That Is A Great Idea. Thanks!"


8 comments:
"Flying a Kite sounds like fun!" We have a really nice one in the garage, but neither of us were ever able to get it to work. (We've only had it for about 8 years.) Off to Walmart we go--
Cassie...when I read your post I had a moment of nostalgia and now I want to go fly a kite. I used to love doing that as a kid! The only bad thing is that a 28 year old without kids can't really get away with that. People would think I was some kind of weirdo. Imagine me in some park flying a kite by myself. Yeah, weird. Maybe I'll do it at my parents house this weekend so nobody can see me. Thanks for reminding me of one of the simple pleasures of life.
Hey, Josie, will you please share the title of that book? I want to know what book is so good that you have to read it while standing outside with your arm in the air. Wouldn't the couch be more comfortable?
Haaa Becky's comment cracked me up!!! Ok THAT looks like some good ol fashion'd fun! You oughta bring those kites when you come visit this summer cuz by the rate we are going.... it may be spring by June!
I love your yard by the way! Nice spacious and always perfect.
What fun, and glad that you got pictures, too. Nice that Josie humored that rest of you!
I don't think I have ever successfully flown a kite. When we would try the wind was usually right around 40 mph. I need to give it another shot.
Summer vacation update: still not coming to Idaho
I love to fly kites! I kept begging and Jason would never go with me.... that was last summer--we'll see if anything will change this summer...
We love flying kites too!! Zoey begs year round... so when spring hits we give in (too bad she'll probably have to wait a couple of weeks to get her turn to fly her kite!!).
Post a Comment