Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Yahoo, Spring!

It's here!!

The grass is green again and the rain keeps falling. It's Spring!!!
Soon we'll have pretty flowers everywhere. I love to see the little red tips of the peonies poking up through the soil & mulch. There is nothing like the smell of the house on the first day you can throw open the windows.



Something else that yells spring to our family is Udder's & Putter's at Young's Dairy. We love miniature golf. We aren't that good, and we don't usually even keep score, but we do have a blast.
Justin is our master golfer, but last night Layne, Mitch & myself got a hole in one. Josie almost got one, except it was on the NEXT hole from the one we were playing at the moment. That pretty much sums up how her golf game went. Todd did pretty good too. Kept to par most holes.
There is something about playing a game with the family. Something about watching other families enjoying time together. Something about the smell of cut grass, a subtle hint of cow manure, and a clear sky that reminds all of us of Grandma & Grandpa's house. And last, but not least, the treat at the end. Some yummy ice cream from the dairy or a yummy slush from Sonic's.

Happy Spring Everyone!

8 comments:

Lucy said...

Looks like your family had a blast! Good thing you've got spring. We had our lawn covered in snow again this morning. Is it April 8th??
Good thing for blogging. Now you take lots of pix again! It's fun to see everyone and I appreciate it.

Battfam said...

Your post inspired me to venture out in my yard to see if anything was happening. I found a ton of vole trails, those nasty little varmints, but I also found a few tulips trying to make their way out of the ground. I agree with you. Spring is worth a shout!

Becky said...

I am dying for Spring to get here... But of course it was snowing yesterday!! I love winter but I love it more if it just leaves!!

Audrey said...

Oh how I looove Young's Dairy! (well i have only been there like 3 times but it made its mark)!
What a fun evening you guys had! Would you mind shoving some of that Springy stuff over here to us?! We would appreciate it more than you know! (than we could pour our cement!!!)
Cute pics!

Lataun said...

How funny is Udders and Putters. That cracked me up. I'm so jealous of you outside with shorts on and short sleeved shirts. I still have snow half way up to the top of my trampoline. UGH! I think Spring was just a dream I had once.

Bobbi said...

I should get a few things planted in my yard this year. Yours always looks so nice! Miniature golf looks fun right now. I think you guys are well on your way to warmth and sunshine!! yipee

annie said...

Cassie,
glad I found your blog ~ I've always loved you ... it could just be that Mitzi adores and speaks of nothing but your many, many talents :) or it could be that my mom loves you and thinks that you are incredible. Maybe it's because your sweet sister married one of my favorite cousins. Either way, I plan on checking out your blog often :) How fun to keep in touch!! Annie (Hobley) Tuckett :)

SHELLY said...

well, I'm glad you broke out the shorts....don't want you all to hate me but I haven't been out of my swimsuit for a week or two.........
Oh, OK...I do want you to hate me! At least I took the pic of me swimming naked off my blog, even though you couldn't see anything!
cassie where are you in the pics? Behind the camera...just making sure Layne hasn't chopped you up into little pieces and making this blog to make us all believe you are really out there........