He's coming home! I tend to go into 'vacation mode' when Layne leaves for two or more weeks. He and his biker buddies got some tests done early, so they will get home sooner than we thought. Don't get me wrong, we are pumped that he'll get to be home a couple more days than we thought, before he has to take off again next week, but it sure gets my heart pumping knowing that I need to get my cleaning crew together and bring back our Home Sweet Home.
Thankfully our kids ended up with Layne's cleaning gene and can out clean any crew from Merry Maids. One thing I have noticed is that the house doesn't get as cluttered as it did when they were smaller. Probably because we aren't home as much as we used to be. So the dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, and bathroom scrubbing gets done pretty quick with all of us helping.
We missed our dad. The kids missed playing ball and working with him in the yard. I missed another person with a drivers license. Okay, I missed him for more than that. I hate hauling the garbage up to the road on Wednesday mornings. I know some of you missed him too because if you called me you ended up having an eternal phone call while I tried to talk to you about anything and everything, just so I could talk to an adult.
Here is something that I thought was just too cute. Thanks Dad for being so cool. And thanks Marcee for snapping a pic and sending it to us. Layne said his buddies thought that was really fun.

7 comments:
I think that Jason got a little inspiration from your post.... he showed me his muscles while saying (with a smile) "I'm your cleaning crew!"
THANKS CAS!
(glad your lova's coming home)
Cas - so when is Layne coming to Texas? We still haven't finished our painting. It's not as fun as I had anticipated.
Good Old Dad, he's always thinking of something! I need your crew to come and teach my crew a little somethin' somethin'. I am glad Layne came home early--surprises are always fun.
Hey Mardi, don't bring up the word painting to Layne or he'll never make his way down there. He gets a little pale and dizzy when I bring it up. It is best to just spring the idea on him.
I wonder if this will put Mud Lake on the top of Honda's test groups list of best places to go while doing test runs. Once word gets out, this could really put M.L. on the map! I'm glad you've got your E.C. home for a while, Cass. Enjoy!
BTW, nice new look on the blog!
I noticed your new look on the blog, too. Very nice.
That was nice of Marcee to get the picture. We even had a blue sky for them!
Glad Layne made it home in good shape....and then off again.
awwww, your daddy had to get the big stick out and sort the letters and everything....how sweet!
(thanks for today BTW....second worst day of my life and there you were, as always in my hour of need, just as my patriarchal blessing states)
Post a Comment