Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hard Day at Work


Layne is gone for three weeks. When the kids were little this translated into, 'Yahoo! Lay back and take it easy, we'll clean up later'. A mini vacation of sorts.

Now it means: baseball four days a week (usually two kids need to be in two different towns at the same time), end of the year school concerts, piano recitals, piano lessons, tests, field days, scouts, mutual, stake youth activities, yard work, gardening, .... okay, you get the idea.


I guess all jobs need a perk here and there and right now he needed to do some "tests" on the next Gold Wing that will be taking him all over North West America. Something about the high altitude....right. (j/k, I believe him.) He even has his trip planned to go though Mud Lake, Idaho so he can get his mom to make him and his biker buddies dinner.


Honestly, it would be awesome to ride that beautiful bike up the West Coast, down into West Yellowstone, and all those beautiful places that we miss, living here in Ohio. So bike on Layner! I already miss ya. While I'm running like a chicken with its head cut off, I'll open the windows in the van and pretend I'm on the back of that bike with you with the wind blowing through my hair.

9 comments:

Mardi said...

Three weeks? That is a long time. It's a good thing that you are a super Mom so you can handle it all.

Miller Family said...

If you need help getting kids here or there, just hollar. I owe you BIG TIME for keeping Ammon after school! Let me know.

Lucy said...

I hope they have a good time. Three weeks is probably long enough for Layne to get to know his biker buddies real well! Hope nobody bugs.
Have a good time, too. (If you have time!)

Bobbi said...

It's too bad Josie doesn't have her license yet. She could help out with the carpooling situations.(and make your life even more stressful!!) Do you ever hear people tell you that they are bored and have nothing to do that day?? I bet you'd like to hurt them right about now... Have a Happy Mother's Day!!!! I miss you.

Battfam said...

You should tell us his route so we could put up a "Hi Layne" or a "Cassie + Layne" sign somewhere along his course around here. Of course, I don't know his biker buddies. Maybe they would beat a guy up for something like that. It probably wouldn't be a good idea if it was a Harley group, but the Gold Wing crowd might be a little tamer. Do they wear leathers and stuff? This sounds like serious biking.

Audrey said...

So Layne is now a Wild Hog eh?? (one of my favorite movies by the way)
I betcha Lane would just love it if you said to him, "Hey Layne ya big stud, take me to bed or lose me forever!"
hehe sorry I just made your blog a pg13 didn't I?!?!

Becky said...

When he gets home you better check him for tattoos and peircings... You know just in case he became one of the "Hells Angels"! Have Fun!!

SHELLY said...

I still think he has been watching "wild Hogs too much Cas!
Have you started the Twilight books yet?
ggggggrrrrreeeaaatttttt
and to think she is my neighbor...

Becky said...

Is the truck still alive and kicking, or did today's leg of the trip put it in it's final resting place?