Monday, September 8, 2008

Everyone Smile

Yesterday, as I sat in church, I flipped my scriptures open and saw a quote inside the front cover.

"Are you happy? Then tell your face."

Do you love the movie Elf? My family sure does and I love the line..."Smiling is my favorite". Someone once told me to go find a mirror and smile at yourself at least once a day. Try it. It is kind of goofy, but sometimes it is just what I need.

Here are a couple of things, off the top of my head, that slaps an instant smile on my face:

*Little kids laughing.
*Baby kitties.
*Canning lids sealing.
*Padlocks. (I can not explain my strange reaction to them.)
*Love letters.
*An awesome sale.
*Friends and family.

What makes you smile?

14 comments:

Becky said...

This post made me smile!! I love when Jayce says something new and out of the blue, Fridays, going on dates, my kids swinging, Toby being goofy... I could go on. It's nice to remember all these awesome things!!

Mardi said...

I'm with you on the awesome sales. Tonight I found Chex Mix on sale at Walgreens for 99 cents. I had 6 $1.00 off coupons - hooray for FREE Chex Mix. I haven't stopped smiling. I smile when my husband comes home from work and most things that Eli does makes me smile too. What a happy post, Cas. It is making me smile now. :)

Lucy said...

You know what made me smile yesterday at church? When the sign up came around for our ward party.....I signed up for BUTTER! I can't believe I finally did it. I didn't sign up for rolls or mashed potatoes....I signed up for butter.
What makes me smile for real?
* Like you, the laughter of children...gets me every time.
* A clean house.
* An early evening with not much to do.
* My flower boxes in the summer.
* Corn on the cob.
* Being home on a snowy day.

Cassie said...

Had to tell you that I found something today that made me smile big. I found a bag of my favorite Easter candy (Sweet-Tart jelly beans) in my sock drawer that I had forgotten about.
I'm so lucky.

Lataun said...

Love, love, loved this post. I'm like your mom...a clean house makes me smile, my kids sleeping in their bed, cookies, summer..(I'm mourning the end of it...), mowing the lawn, boating, and my kids walking in the door after school.

Becca's Blog said...

What a great post Cassie...sometimes it is good to be reminded of what makes life enjoyable. Here are a few of my favorites...

The smell after a warm summer rain (sort of a mix between water, dead worms, and dirt...I love it!)

Tiny tiny babies

Plane tickets

Millhollow pistacio and white chocolate almond frozen yogurt with cookie dough mixed in

Seeing my tulips come up in the Spring

A super clean house and nothing to do but enjoy it

Audrey said...

Wanna know what makes me sad??? It has taken me 2 days to figure out what makes me smile!! someone help me out of this funk!
I really do have a list and here are a few....
-Doing hair! I love making other people smile!
-Getting a good haircut myself!
-Road Kill (jk)
-Kids playing outside
-buying new makeup
-road trips
-Cafe Rio
-a new born baby
-hearing from an old friend
-lunch with the ladies
-dates with my hunka burnin love
-kids bedtime
-the dishes done, by someone else!
-my siser (cassie) sharing her amazingly big and tasty canned food!
-comments on my blog!
-a Sunday nap (hopefully someday)
-having family visit us from Ohio!
OK I will stop for now..... thanks for bringing a smile to my grumpy face!

Becky said...

Your padlock thing makes me smile, and a few other things, too. Today "playing" soccer outside with Micah put one on my face - first of all because I was actually outside playing with him, and secondly because he was having so much fun with it. I love to hear him laugh.

Bobbi said...

Let's see...what makes me smile??
-little boys (boys are so goofy)
-brownies
-clean house
-Primary
-Friends
-a good movie
-my ipod
-a new zip-up hoodie
-there's more but it's late and I'm tired!

hmmm said...

"i love smiling. smiling's my favorite."
it's funny that you mentioned that about the padlock because there is one on my locker in the women's locker room at school & every time i go to aerobics i have a little giggle as i twist in the combination.
and the kitties! i LOVE! (& i itch, & i sneeze, & breath really gross-like through my mouth)

we have so much in common.
(maybe not the allergic reactions so much.... but the padlock & kittie thing yes.)

Lucy said...

Hey, I like your blog's new "do". Very stylish, I'd say!

Battfam said...

I'm late to comment on this post and a lot of things previously listed make me smile too. Here are just a few that I don't think anyone else mentioned:
..A little boy in a white shirt and tie.
..A little girl carrying a purse.
..Finding money in a pocket.
..Eating the perfect raspberry right off the bush
..An old couple walking hand in hand
That was a fun post, Cassie. It made me think about a lot of life's little pleasures.

Miller Family said...

Thanks for the reminder. I have had a very hard time smiling lately. Here are a few things that make me smile:

A clean house (although I almost never get to smile because of this!)

My kids playing nicely together

Our soccer team scoring a goal! (We did this for the first time all season yesterday and my heart was so proud of my "boys".)

Just a few, can't think of any more right now. Thanks again for reminding me to smile!

Debbie said...

What a fun post. I found myself smiling as I read the different things that make others smile.

What makes me smile

Kids coming home from school.
My husband home from work.
Birthday presents from my boys.
Somebody else cooking dinner.
Being close to family.
Things kids say.
Hearing my children laughing.