Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

(Thanks for the pic Bec)
Every year at Halloween I feel like I just go through the motions. It just isn't on my list of 'can't wait' holidays. But the kids have fun and there is nothing wrong with four pumpkin buckets full of candy.

As you can see...
Josie was a cowgirl, and a cute one too.
Justin was a cowboy, like he is on most days.
Mitch was Darth Vader. We were at the church in the picture so his mask isn't on.
Todd.....Todd has inherited the gene that doesn't get into Halloween from his parents. So this year (with the help of our friend Chris) he was an E-mail. (Get it??? The letter E is on the chest of a 'male' body. It took me a while to figure it out, but I did get a laugh out of it when it all clicked.)

The one thing I do kind of like is carving pumpkins. Josie walked in and found it odd that we were having fun carving jack-o-lanterns while the radio was on full blast with Christmas music. I'm just ensuring that the kids know how to multi-task.

Now we are on to the next holiday. I've started the menu for our Thanksgiving Feast. Then ONLY four weeks later is Christmas! The end of the year goes too fast. And at the store they all get rolled up into one big, calorie counting countdown.


3 comments:

Familia Martinez said...

Cute kids! Holy cow they have grown up so stinking fast. How did that happen? I am with you about Halloween. I could take it or leave it but Anthony loves it so therefore we take it. =) You are a great cook so I am sure it is a feast for Thanksgiving...can we come? You might have to deliver a baby if we do...think about it! =)

Love ya, Ang

Lucy said...

Cute Halloween picture. I'm with Todd. As little costume as possible, unless somebody else helps me. There were some great Halloween treats this year. I even got some miniature size salted nute rolls! Yum.

Miller Family said...

I am usually all about Fall and Halloween, but I was NOT into it this year. We didn't even carve pumpkins and I didn't take any pics of the kids. How sad! Oh well, Thanksgiving and Christmas will be over before we know it too.