Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pillow Talk


There are two things I hate buying
~toilet paper~
~pillows~
Toilet paper because...well, it costs a lot and all I do is flush it down the toilet.
Pillows because I can NEVER find a good one. For 15+ years I've been buying pillows and cannot say that I've ever loved even one of them.
I've done all the research~natural/synthetic, firm(back sleeper), medium(side sleeper), soft(tummy sleeper), etc.
I went to Ikea with my buddy Becky yesterday and purchased yet, two more pillows.
Last night really was nice. I did enjoy this pillow, but I'm still a little weary.
How long will the niceness last?
When will it collapse, never to recover?
What if some kid pukes/pees/drools all over it?
(The pillows I bought yesterday have a handy dandy zip up cover on them, so this last worry isn't as scary as it used to be.)
I'm just not ready to let my guard down and enjoy the pillow.
Anyone have a VERY FAVORITE pillow in their possession? If so you've got to share about it with all of us. I can't be the only one with pillow dissatisfaction.

9 comments:

Mardi said...

You're not alone. I have had my same pillow since high school and although it's as flat as can be and I really don't like it, I just don't know where to start looking for a new one. And I don't want to spend $30 on one and HATE it! Let me know when you find the best pillow EVER!

Attitude of Gratitude said...

This is an issue in my house. My husband pretty much kung-foos his pillows and they transform from these nice, fluffy beautiful forms to an indiscernable schlumpy mess that he loves (but has to replace frequently). It gets expensive!!

Becca's Blog said...

I think the best pillow EVER is this Martha Stewart down pillow I bought at KMART right before my mission like 9 years ago. I almost left it in Argentina but decided I wanted a pillow for the trip home. I'm so glad I brought it home too because it has been a good one. You can even wash it in your washing machine and it comes out good as new. Highly recommend it.

Lucy said...

I've had some good pillows, butI forget where they came from. It's hard to figure out since your Dad likes about 4 of them, and sometimes his gets mixed up with mine. We got a few, so I just pile them up around my body until it feels comfortable. Maybe you need to get an extra or so........

SHELLY said...

I bought some really nice down feather ones at Costco. I hated to spend the money (about 38 bucks for two) but they have been well worth it. Usually I hate a pillow after two months. These have been going for a year now.
Warning...must also buy expensive quilted pillow protector to keep the freakin' feathers from stabbing you when they poke out!
I sleep with two pillows. Gary uses an old pancake that was a pillow flop of the past.

Lataun said...

I don't know if you have a Denver Mattress back there, but Chad bought me some pillows from there about 5 years ago and there were about $35.00 a piece, but well worth it. They are also down filled, but have held their shape and you can buy them in different firmnesses. I take mine with me everywhere I go...

Miller Family said...

I have yet to buy a pillow that stays the correct shape and is all nice and fluffy! I remember grandma's pillows as a kid and they were the BEST, but no such luck for me! You are soooo not alone!

Becky said...

My pillow that I really "can't leave home without" is from Bed Bath & Beyond. It's foam, way soft, yet has a good shape to it... which it hasn't lost in at least 6 years. If I ever to leave it at home I miss it... every night I just love laying down on that bad boy!!

Audrey said...

all this pillow talk has made me tired...... ahhhh sleep.... how i miss it!