As many of you know, I have been quite sick these past several days.
Holy Cow! or Holy Swine! or Holy Something...it has been NO good.
But yesterday I started feeling better and got out of bed. And then things started to happen that made me laugh & smile.
I got on the computer & posted one of those big, yellow playhouse slides on Freecycle. (Funny what you think about while you lay in bed for too many days. My only goal in life was to give that thing away ASAP.) Within a hour I had seven people that wanted it. This lead me to meeting someone different today. She was picking up the slide for her grandchildren because she felt bad that her two monkeys each had a slide in their bedroom/cages and the grandkids didn't have one at all.
Yes, they have pet monkeys, and when their real kids left home they transformed the bedrooms into cages for their monkeys. What could this house smell like? She was telling me about the one monkey, Ozzy. He was their third monkey, and he started getting aggressive so they had to take him to another home in Tennessee. As she is telling me this she is starting to cry. She misses him. I'm really not making fun of her. I was (and still am) in awe of the whole conversation. She whipped out her cell phone so I could see pictures of Ozzy. The other funny thing was that she said that her and her husband were going to Michigan for NASCAR races and her son-in-law was checking in on them and he refuses to change their diapers so she'll just have to cage them up while she's gone.
I guess we all have our limits?
After dinner some dear friends brought over some beautiful roses to cheer me up. How do flowers do that? Or is it the thought? Whatever it is, it always works.
And then to end a pretty good day, my favorite show had its Season Premiere. I've watched Burn Notice since the beginning. LOVE IT!
And to top it all off, the show has gotten 'big' enough that they moved it to the 9:00 time slot instead of 10:00.
I often wondered who rented/bought DVDs of a TV series. I guess I could see myself buying The Cosby Show, Little House, or Gilligan's Island. Anyway, I could totally see myself at least thinking about this one. I've seen it at Movie Gallery.
Ya, it was a good day. It feels good to feel good.
8 comments:
I hope you are feeling even better today! :)
You did have a good day. Aren't you glad that I didn't turn any of our spare bedrooms into monkey cages. I still remember the smell of the monkey house at Tautphaus Park, and it is not good.
Glad you are feeling better!!
I see the new episode of Burn Notice on our DVR, too. Yea.
I glad you're feeling better... It is NOT fun to be sick when you're the mom and have to take care of everyone else!... You never stop being the Mom , even on your swine flu bed!!haha
Funny, Tautphaus Park was the exact place I was thinking about while she was telling me her story. Or rather, the smell of Tautphaus Park Monkey House.
So glad you're doing better today. We had a nice time at the Temple this evening and the Spirit was awesome! Please let Josie know I really appreciate her doing Grma Annie's, and Great Grma Minnie's baptisms!
what the monkeys??
meeting people like that me you smile. and then think, "man. i guess i'm a lot more normal than i thought."
how fun.
I cannot figure out what you guys think is so weird about people turning their spare bedrooms into monkey rooms. It sounds perfectly normal to me. Sheeesh!
P.S. Glad you are feeling better.
Post a Comment