This morning I made cinnamon rolls. When Judd heard the mixer start he was right there with his cake box in hand. He is really into baking cakes right now. And can pretty much do it on his own at this point. (Yes, he's (we've) made a few.)
We got the rolls raising and his cake baked without too much trouble. I then went to jump in the shower. By the time I got back he had it all decked out. I asked him what was going on and he said that today was his Pretend 5th Birthday "because he needed to practice".
Here's what I found.
Last week he caught a HUGE fish. Sadly the picture of it is on another camera that I don't own. You'll just have to believe me.
.jpg)
I had spent 90% of the evening in a chair, enjoying the beautiful evening with a Sudoku puzzle. Finally, near the end of our fishing trip, I got up, threw about 10 lines and caught the only fish of the night.
I have finally found the one sport I may be good at!
.jpg)
Practicing for his birthday did turn out to be a fun time.
.jpg)
I had spent 90% of the evening in a chair, enjoying the beautiful evening with a Sudoku puzzle. Finally, near the end of our fishing trip, I got up, threw about 10 lines and caught the only fish of the night.
I have finally found the one sport I may be good at!
.jpg)
Practicing for his birthday did turn out to be a fun time.

.jpg)

10 comments:
Having a pretend birthday is such a fun idea. We probably all need one of those once in a while. I liked your photos of the pond. It looked like such a peaceful place. Way to go and catch a fish too.
What a beautiful place. Proud of you for catching the only fish. Mom's are talented like that.
Justin's mind does work in mysterious ways! At least he got a fun party out of the deal. (way to catch a fish....did you touch it?)
Did you fry up your fish? Where were you guys fishing at...it looks beautiful! I am impressed at Justin's cake decorating. Is that his yogurt he ate while doing his little project?
*Yes, I did touch it.
*No, we released the little guy.
*It is one of our friend's ponds.
*Yes, he apparently got hungry while he decorated his cake.
wow. i'm impressed. good job justin. proud of ya.
(yeah. i like the little fishing hole.)
How fun and what a cute personality he has! Nice fish...my dad would be proud.
He is so funny!! I better not let Zoey hear about it or we may be having a lot of pretend birthdays!!
p.s. We are alive... just missing in action!!
Ok so this is the 3rd time I have commented on this post and there is still no comment posted!?!? Whatever!
I am VERY impressed with Justins cake decoring skills! Much better than mine that is for sure!
Cassie I will be sure to tell my brother about those elders! Thats crazy!
I asked Rob if he met you guys, but he didnt remember. Too bad I should have had him look out for you guys! :)
Post a Comment