Saturday, June 20, 2009

Yet Again...

*So let me set up the story*

It is 5:30 pm. I've been cleaning like crazy for another house showing. I look at the clock. I yell to Josie to please get me some tuna, since dinner wasn't made. Todd is standing there waiting for me to take him to batting practice, Mitch is panicking because Layne (coach Layne) isn't home yet and it is almost time to leave for their ball game, I'm on the phone talking to Layne to see where he is & then Justin starts screaming.

*Here's what happened*

As Josie was starting to go up the stairs, Justin jumps off the third stair and WAM! He hits his head on the tuna can. Splits open his head.


It was a nice clean, 1" cut. So I figured I could just pull it together with butterfly bandages. I will admit, my first thought was, "Are you kidding? I don't have time for the hospital!" I'm a good mom like that. I figured if it didn't stop bleeding in a couple hours I'd take him. And it did stop in about 1.75 hours. :o)
So, another scar on Judd's head. And when he finally stopped crying, we discovered that the reason why he was crying so hard was because he knew I wouldn't let him go to the game now that he was bloody.
*He was right*

A much better part of my day was when I came home from running errands. Josie had made rolls all by herself. They were yummy. Tasted just like mine. They looked beautiful and she had even made some into her own name. What a funny little chick.
Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

hmmm said...

awww man. no baseball game? (i can't believe that was the main concern....what a funny little boy. i'm pretty sure if it was me, my main concern would have been the blood oozing from my head--but i can't deal with blood very well.)

p.s. good job jos! i need you to come stay with me and we can make rolls together. (i'd like to learn how real good like you.)

Lucy said...

Another Day in the Life!
Glad Judd quit bleeding and glad that the rolls turned out so nice. Yea. Better go make some myself for tomorrow's dinner. I need a kid around here, just like Josie.

Becky said...

Poor kid!! But he did look like he was in good spirits!

I love Josie's name in rolls and that little flower is dang cute... maybe next time you come Josie can give Geri and I a roll making lesson!!

Miller Family said...

Poor Justin. It's hilarious all he was crying about was not being able to go to the game, but that sounds like him!

Cool rolls Josie! Yummm

Battfam said...

Actually, I remember that type of day and actually, I am glad that I am only remembering them and not living them again. Scars make for a little character on a face anyway. Right? About the rolls...they are awesome. Sometime you will have to tell me if I need one of those silicone things for baking. It sure made Josie's rolls pretty.

Bobbi said...

Josie is one amazing girl!! She is more than welcome to stay with me anytime :)
Poor Justin's head. He is a tough little guy.

Cassie said...

Aunt Millie. I LOVE my Silpat mats (& other molds/trays from the company). AND I now know where I can get them for 1/2 the price (diectly from the company) rather than at those 'high-end' type stores that they are only avaliable at. Let me know if anyone wants/needs info.

Mardi said...

Cass, I just need baking lessons. I am not a bad cook, it's mostly the bread baking that gets the best of me. They are always so heavy! I'm up for new recipes always, so feel free to share your favs. We still make stromboli and love it. And what's the website for the company with the silpat and other tools? Sounds fun.

Audrey said...

Why am I just reading your post? I must be out of it lately!!
First off, sad and amazing all in one that the tuna can Josie is holding gouged little Jud that bad!!
And I just told Lane that Josie made homeade rolls while you were gone and he says to me "but she is only 12?!" She is one amazing little lady!

SHELLY said...

We all know you threw the can and split the kid's head open Cassie...I'm calling CPS....hehe