Monday, October 5, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Well, I guess it is time to admit that the house is no longer ours.

It would be fair to say that we've had a love/hate relationship with our home, but ever since Layne fixed all of Mr. Markin's mistakes and we've remodeled to bring in all the things we love.....
well ya, we'll miss our home on County Road 1.

Thankfully we have found a great rental from a great family. So that makes the transition much easier.

Here are a few of my favorite things in & around our house. I guess this is a form of memory making & journaling, but maybe you'll enjoy taking a peek into our home....oops, I mean the May's home. We met them today. They are nice people. I think they'll enjoy living here.

The children's office in basement


Kitchen/Dining






The walk up to the front door.


Justin & neighbor Emma playing golf by the fruit trees.


The living room.

This was one well used kitchen. Probably my favorite place in the house.


I decided not to put all 59 photos I took on here, but I'll have to keep a file with the pics. Someday it will seem like a distant memory of our 14 years in this house.


Isn't it funny when you look at old pictures that have images in them that you just don't remember? It's sad that things are so easily forgotten. I hope that doesn't happen. At least not too quickly.

6 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

This made me kind of sad and miss my old house. I don't like change very much. But building your new house will be fun. I hope that your new kitchen will have as much cupboard space as your old kitchen because that kitchen looked pretty sweet.

Lucy said...

Bye, little house. Pres. Adamson gave a talk with that message when we got our new church. He said that May said that about their little yellow house when they left to go on their mission, too.
So..........bye, little house. :(
Hello new place and new friends! :)

hmmm said...

mom, i was just thinking those same words! "goodbye little house."
hey cas, i hope you stick around for another 3-4 business days. something is headed for County Road 1 and i'm not sure the May's would appreciate it like my sissie.
but anyway, i'm so happy for you! what a good thing to have done now. (the whole sale procedure.) but i'm sure it's pretty bitter/sweet.

Miller Family said...

YAY!! Now it's time to build a new pretty house and have an awesome farm...Is it okay for me to say I'm so happy you guys are staying around here =0)

Battfam said...

I was wondering how things were going with selling your house. The pictures you took make me miss it too, and I have only been there once. Good luck building. It is exciting, but be prepared for lots of decisions.

SHELLY said...

I'm so happy for you! I remember being spread out on your kitchen floor telling you I couldn't get married and crying! Oh, where have the good days gone???? Can't wait to see your new home someday.