Sunday, November 1, 2009

Growing Pains...for the parents


Our eldest son has had his first shaving lesson.
(THANK GOODNESS)
He had one of those thin, almost-there, makes it hard to look at the person in the eye when you are talking to them kind of mustaches.
There is something about those types of mustaches that make my skin crawl.
Do you think this is sad that I have had these adverse feelings about my darling son?
Well, for those of you that have had boys at this age, you totally understand me, and if you have boys and they haven't hit this very weird time in their lives.....just wait. You'll too have feelings about that sweet little face that you never thought you'd have.
Just for the record, I'm not a real big fan of any facial hair.

6 comments:

Audrey said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Love it!

Lucy said...

I guess I never realized that Todd was a hairy guy. What age did Layne start shaving? Wow, Todd shaving.....just seems weird.

Becca's Blog said...

I'm glad you got the pre-puberty mexi-stache taken care of before it got out of control! Poor Todd. That is such a rough time of life.

At least he isn't as hairy as my brothers. Ty could grow a full beard in the 8th grade. Yikes!

Battfam said...

I'll bet he is pretty cute and that kids his age are impressed. Maybe that stage of hairiness didn't bother me so much when our boys went through it because I sort of had a "stash" myself. Believe me, it is much cuter on an adolescent boy.

Becky said...

Funny! Poor Todd, having to shave just so his mom can stand to look at him. There are going to be many times in the near future when you are going to look at him and wonder where he came from, cause he in no way resembles that sweet little thing you labored for hours to bring into this world.

Cassie said...

Your comments are all too funny. AND I never even thought about the other boys. Justin is so much more hairy than Todd. YIKES

And, Aunt Millie, I asked Mitch what he was looking at in Sacrament Meeting JUST YESTERDAY and he said "your mustache". I think I know what I'll be taking care of today.