I have decided that I need to get a few things off my chest that are bugging me lately. I'm not sure this is the appropriate place, and if these types of things ever need mentioned at all, but today.....
*When people don't put a LONG I in the word Ensign. It means a flag or banner. When it is pronounced 'Enzeen' you are talking about a U.S. Navy officer of the lowest rank.
*When I'm sweating so much that my pants are stuck to my legs and with each step I can feel them slipping farther and farther down my body. (I wasn't anything to look at while I was at Day Camp with the Cub Scouts this week...the hottest & most humid week of the year so far.)
*I guess at this point I could mention that humidity bugs me too.
*When people pluralize a word that is already plural. Like men or women. I call it double pluralizing. Is there really a word mens or womens? I can deal with it if there is an apostrophe (') S, and it is used in the right situation. But I'm guessing that isn't very often.
*Speaking of things that bug me...bugs. They bug me. Centipedes that live in my 'summer cottage' in particular.
*Taking a hour to figure out something on Blogger that I can't remember for the life of me.
*When my kid (okay, Todd) wont stop spraying me with a water gun.
*Whiny people, like myself.
So here's is your chance. If there is something (or how ever many) that is driving you nuts, post it in my comments and perhaps it will help you feel better. I think for some strange reason, this has made me feel a little bit better tonight. I may have to add more when they cross my mind.
I'll gear myself up to post about things that make me happy. Seems like I've really become a big butt these days.

17 comments:
I hate it when people say Book of Mormons instead of Books of Mormon.
Ha! Good one, Anonymous. I don't know that I ever noticed this blooper until my boys started to watch the movie "The Best Two Years" a millions times. Your comment makes me want to watch that this afternoon.
Oh...this is so not the day to ask me what bugs me. :) I spent 1.5 hours at a ward party yesterday and for 1.4 hours the ladies in the ward sat and talked about their HCG diet and how they can't eat ANY food and how much weight they've lost. Really? Is that how shallow you really are? And it isn't the first time we've had the same conversation. I'm not going to any more ward parties! ok, i feel better, kind of.
Every time I hear someone say ensin or young womens I smile and think how bugged you would be if you heard it. Right now very large bird droppings streaking down two different windows in this house are bugging me. Also, full garbages, dirty toilets and dirty windows (as I said) really bug me. Probably the top of my list would be body odor and smacking noises while eating. And I'm with Mardi on never ending conversations about dumb stuff. Don't they know there are people starving in this world and we have the wrong President for the USA?
I like your flower picture.
Now about what bugs me. Blog posts that you click on like I'm melting and another milestone that don't exist.
I have too many things that bug me to list here. So, I'll just take this moment to say that "I love you! You are one of the most amazing people I've ever had the priviledge to call my friend and I am super blessed because of you!" Enjoy your Sunday and I'm sorry I cut out on you this afternoon. I'm feeling better at the moment =0)
Okay, I know I'm probably going to offend a whole bunch of people, but I really get bugged when people use the acronym LOL, especially when used excessively. I don't know why it bugs me so much, but it does. Sometimes things just bug.
There are a lot more things that bug me but I already post plenty of them on my own blog so I'll leave it at that for now.
And to Anonymous, I always thought you were supposed to say "copies of the Book of Mormon," but I could be wrong about that.
Good one Aunt Ellen!!
(LOL) Sorry Becca, couldn't resist.
I love it, the one from Becca, the LOL or any other acronyms that people seem to think are actually words now, BTW, JK, LOL, haha, had to do that!!!! I will admit I probably do some of the slips of grammar you all have mentioned, like Book of Mormon's, things like that used to drive my Dad mad also, he was always correcting us. I also hate it, really hate when you're sitting around at a luncheon or party, or anyplace else eating and someone starts in about dieting and calories, or what we're going to do to lose more weight, I would like to know why that always happens when we're eating and not any other time. I am not referring to anyone here either, it is just my biggest pet peeve, if you can't tell. I have made a blog out of my comment sorry. Love ya Cassie, thanks for giving me a minute to whine, have a good one everyone...
I'm bugged by quite a few things, but right now, I can't think of one, and that bugs me.
Mosquito bites. Particularly on the feet and toes, hands and fingers, and elbows and knees. ANNOYING.
I was just outside on my parents' hammock for like 10 minutes and some little jerk mosquito had a meal of me. I'm bugged.
I like this whole having a place to vent thing. Maybe I'll add a permanent column on my blog where people can leave venting comments whenever they feel like it. It could be therapeutic.
Layne said that what bugs him is that I don't take the time to proofread my posts. So I'll go through and correct my errors.
Um, is proofread/proof read one or two words?
there is a spell check on blogger now. very helpful.
Overdue bugs me, but it seems the thought of being induced bugs me more, otherwise I might not be bugged at the moment.
This is too funny!! You know Cass, we are so alike. As I read your post I was thinking about Ensign and Young Women's and I started cracking up! I am always correcting Matti about the latter ... and Becca, Matti always thinks I'm old fashioned because I don't use her text talk, so she asked me other other day what some of the words meant.... when she said LOL, I said "Little Old Lady"... so now every time I see that, I laugh out loud!!!
Troop 406?? That was supposed to say MITZI ... Are you laughing at me Becca or thinking I'm a little old lady????
Post a Comment