And that makes me cry a little bit.
It doesn't always. Just when I send a new little Kindergartner on their way. And today it was my baby. I haven't been home alone all day, everyday in over 15 years and I've got plans.
But for today, I'm just sad.
Justin's first day of school.
The other kids started a couple days ago.
I'll get more pics of them.
Justin was excited because his best friend, Micah, is in the same class. We didn't expect that to happen since there are six kindergarten classes. Justin also has the same teacher Mitch had as his kindergarten teacher,
Molly Johns. (She may have had a hand in that.) We like Mrs. Johns.
He told me this morning that since today was his first day EVER he wanted to pick what we had for dinner. I said okay, what do you want?
Meatloaf!
No problem.
Well, I'd better get over my boo-hoo moment and get on with my day.
Laundromat, here I come!.....all alone, with no one to help me......
This isn't going so well. It will get better.



6 comments:
Ugh! Dreading that day! I'm sorry. Let me know how it is. I have nightmares that I have to get a job or something when all my kids are in school. I hope your day got better as it went on. For example, did you kick your feet up and read a book for a whole hour, uninterrupted?
meatloaf sounds good!
change is hard, no getting around it. but after it stops being a change and starts being the daily routine things get normal.
good luck cas. we can chat if ya ever get lonely in the day!
I am loving that Mitch has his ipod in!! What an exciting time for you. You're a free woman :)
Yes, it is a sad day, but once you get used to the idea, I think you will like it.
This is sure different from last years picture when Justin looked soo sad. Mitch looked happier back then too. He looks soo serious in this one. I think you'll have fun after things settle in. Also can't believe how big Todd looks. As always Josie looks beautiful. Well where is your picture? This is a memorable day, we need to document you as well lady, LOL, figure you probably looked a little sad, um. Hang in there and enjoy this season, it'll pass by very fast!!!
It will seem like no time and all until you're seeing them off to college. Everything just happens too fast, that's for sure.
They all look ready to go....hope it's a fun day.
Post a Comment