Friday, September 10, 2010

The Best Thing I Heard Today


My Papa's Voice!


It almost made me cry (again? really?).  He sounded so great.  He said he wasn't in much pain.  Only has three more tubes hanging out of his body.  Funny as ever.  He has the greatest sense of humor.

This has been a long & emotional week and a half.  But I've learned a lot.

*Miracles happen.
*Fasting & Prayer bring blessings.
*Many people love my family.
*A lot of things really don't matter.
*Some thing really do matter.
*Don't miss a chance to tell your dad you love him.

(If you wish you knew what happened, my sister Geri posted about the ordeal here.)

5 comments:

Becky said...

Hooray! I know how much this means to you, and I'm so glad for you. And for your dad, too.

Lucy said...

He's doing so well. It is just awesome. Can't wait until they start talking about coming home. I took clothes today....you know just in case he gets feeling like he'd like to be dressed. Probably not for a few days, but still, it just seemed good to bring the clothes.

Battfam said...

We were so glad to hear the test went well and that he's out of ICU. I liked your list, Cassie.

Millie and Me said...

I am glad to hear it Cassie, I am very happy for you and your family. It is nice to see miracles happen!

Lataun said...

That picture made me smile. Your dad is a very warm person. I'm so glad everything is on the up and up. I'm telling my dad I love him today...I am so happy for your family!