I have asked myself this all day long. I don't want what I had planned (lemon chicken w/ a creamy mushroom sauce). I don't want what Josie suggested, pizza. Todd didn't answer me when I asked his opinion. I'm not asking Judd or Mitch.
So, now it is time for dinner and I still don't have a clue what we are having. Don't you hate it when nothing sounds good? For me, this usually ends up with me eating a little of everything in search of finding what I want and that causes a whole new set of problems.
*Just a clarification: Layne hasn't grown a mustache, my kids don't sit and smile at each other for no reason (unless they are just trying to bug someone), and I haven't hung 1980's wall paper up in the dining room. I had to use this pretend family because my computer is being so stupid and I can't get anything off of my camera (or any external device) and into my computer right now. They do look happy though, don't they.

8 comments:
Is that Grandma or the housekeeper sitting at the table with the family of 4? I think I'd be smiling too if I had a housekeeper. When I can't think of what to make for dinner, Chris finds some recipe on the Internet and tries it out. Sometimes it's good, sometimes we eat cheese quesidillas instead.
It's a common dilemma especially between seasons. You are probably tired of winter food and yet it's not quite spring or summer yet.
I'd send you a watermelon because I know you would like that, but I don't think it would be in very good shape when it got there.
Maybe you can make omelets. They hit the spot sometimes and are fast to make.
That's what I was going to suggest. Breakfast for supper. I only do it about twice a year, but your Dad likes it.
There's always grilled tuna or cheese sandwiches, too. what did you have by the way. Too bad Justin and Mitch got no say. :(
You'll be glad to know that Mitch & Judd got to choose last night. Yes, this problem of mine has been going on for a few days. And they picked....breakfast! Ya'll must be related.
Aunt Millie, I think your in between seasons idea is right on. Ah, what I wouldn't do for a GOOD watermelon right about now.
I was just telling a friend how I was in such a cooking rut! The worst is when you go grocery shopping and load up... then stand there and stare at your pantry with no idea what to make!!
We ended up having stroganof over baked potatoes. About 3 oclock I think "Ah crap I was gonna make this or that in the crock pot" I am gonna set an alarm on my phone to make sure I do it tomorrow.. got the recipe from Rachel Ray. I will let ya know if it is a must have!
Also I am loving that Justin is calling the wii and the house if you guys die... hilarious!
I hate the dinner dilemma. I have this problem pretty often. Mine is not so much in between seasons more that I just don't want to cook at all. We had this problem tonight when I didn't want to cook anything on the menu and would you believe we decided on breakfast for dinner. I could totally be happy with a full time cook on staff. Cook only when I really felt like being Betty Crocker. Good luck tomorrow with dinner.
I too am laughing so hard at Justin for "calling" for his stuff. My boys "call" for things too...and I think it's hilarious! Audrey's taco soup recipe is a fav. of mine right now. I have a good pork recipe I will email you.
How about chicken and stir fry veggies with rice, um that was pretty good or an omelet with lots of veggies, I am surprised that no one said spaghetti, I thought that was Justin's favorite. Maybe when doing the menus and you can't think of anything, have the kids make you a surprise dinner!!! Haha that would be funny I think!
Post a Comment