Saturday, May 7, 2011

Truth Hurts

found at 'Fred's Place'
Layne and the boys have decided that if we are to have a shed they would have to give up on waiting for the rain to stop and just get busy.  (It has literally been raining non-stop since March.  I'm not kidding.)
Today they loaded up some wood and got to work. 

Here is a conversation I had with Mitch this afternoon.

mitch - "Mom, come look!"

me - "What's the problem?"

mitch - "What is wrong with my hand?  Something is on my hand!"  He started to sound a little paniced.  He's always been a little worried about having some abnormality.

me - after looking at his hands.  "Oh, that is just a callus.  You'll be fine."

mitch - "A callus!  What's a callus!"

me - "Something that happens to your hands when you work without gloves on.  Especially when  you don't do hard work with your hands very often."

silence.............   ....................    ....................

mitch - "So, now there is physical proof that I'm kind of lazy?"

me - "Guess so."   Couldn't argue with the truth.  He is a master of getting out of things he doesn't want to do.

5 comments:

Lucy said...

Now that is funny!
But I've seen him work and I don't think he's lazy.

hmmm said...

haa! Aahhh man! Don't ya hate how your body tattle-tales on ya?! Dang it.

Battfam said...

Very funny story. I like how he put put 2 and 2 together.

Bobbi said...

Well...at least he's smart and FUNNY! That makes up for being lazy :)
(my boys have a BIG problem with the lazy part) :(

Mardi said...

That is too funny! At least he can admit his faults...I guess I can learn from him on this one. :)