Monday, December 5, 2011

I'm Trying. Really.

It has been a wet year.


As of today, we have made it to the 3rd wettest year in Ohio.
All 54" of the wet stuff.
I know I've mentioned the rain in other posts this year, but I just wanted to whine about it one more time before the years end. 
Why?

I'm sick of MUD IN MY HOUSE!  and on my kids, and on my car, and in my garage, whine whine whine.

When the kids showed up for church I was so happy to see that Justin remembered to wear his belt.  (Layne & I were already there.)Then he turned around and there were muddy, puppy paw prints/streaks on the back of his shirt, on his belt, on his pants and even on his tie.  If I wasn't so sick of mud I might have giggled.

Then our home teacher came and shared this months message from Elder Eyring about being Grateful(awesome article, BTW)

I really liked the challenge at the end.  It was geared toward the youth, but we should all do this.

Take a Gratitude Challenge

Let’s not just talk about counting our blessings—let’s do it! Write a list of 100 things you are thankful for. If that sounds like it is too many, try this:

1. Write 10 physical abilities you are grateful for.
2. Write 10 material possessions you are grateful for.
3. Write 10 living people you are grateful for.
4. Write 10 deceased people you are grateful for.
5. Write 10 things about nature you are grateful for.
6. Write 10 things about today you are grateful for.
7. Write 10 places on earth you are grateful for.
8. Write 10 modern inventions you are grateful for.
9. Write 10 foods you are grateful for.
10. Write 10 things about the gospel you are grateful for.

When we make a list like this, we discover that a list of 100 doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface of all the things God has given us.


So now I'm trying to find a few things to be grateful about with the 3rd wettest year & all of its mud. 
I'm trying to get past not seeing the sun for most of the year, the farmers not being able to get crops in & out of the fields, a really bad year for hair, and did I mention all of the mud?

Go ahead, try to prove to me that way too much rain and mud can be a positive.  

5 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

I like the gratitude challenge. I just might have to do it. I too have a really hard time being grateful for the weather in Idaho about 10 months out of the year. Although I will say we had a gorgeous Fall this year. Good luck with all the rain and mud!

Lucy said...

I liked the gratitude challange, too. That made your whining not bad at all. I think I would whine about mud too. It may be worse than wind! (By the way, the wind in Coltman is a lot worse then Mud. Surprised us! We have to keep our hot top lid tied down at all times.)

Anonymous said...

You're only 4' 2"?! :)

Cassie said...

Good catch Anonymous! I forgot to go back and finish that sentence that I had restarted. I really need to proof read better. Ü

Cassie said...

Updates:
So we have no confusion...I took out the sentence that made NO sense. :o) Also, I found something to be grateful about. With all of this rain we can see where there may be any water trouble in the basement before Layne finishes this winter.