Thursday, August 16, 2012

confessions


I'm afraid I may have looked a lot like this yesterday.

Don't you hate the next day, when the stress of yesterday has simmered down, the BIG things have shrunk down to their actual size, and you now realize what kind of crazy person you must have looked and sounded like?

I had a party set to be at our house last night.  One thing after another kept getting in the way of me being able to get everything ready and pulled together.  But, as always, somehow things worked themselves out.  Josie left work early to get my car keys to me (the #1 reason I lost my mind...my car keys were in the car she had) and she took half the list and I the other and we were able to get it all done and home in time to pull it all off.  I was sweating like a pig, but hey, everything was ready within minutes of the first arrival.

Don't you hate it when you act like someone you aren't? It makes me so mad when I let stress get the best of me.

So, today started out with repenting and apologizing.
Thankfully I have a new day to try to be better.

  On to better things....

like these beauties.



YUMMMMMMM

3 comments:

Battfam said...

Parties at my house have been known to bring out the inner beast in me also. It's sad, but true. There is always so much that needs to be done and it seems like you can't get much help until you release that inner beast. Only then does everyone get moving. It's sad that it has to get to that point though. It kind of takes the sparkle off the party.
Hang in there. They will forgive you and someday they will understand.

hmmm said...

Dang. At least they like ya and at least you like them and at least it all worked out anyway.

p.s. good thing you have one or two peaches....

Lucy said...

Wow, that looks like an army of peaches!
I've been there, done that, and never want that t shirt either. I agree with Geri. good thing we all love each other anyway!