Saturday, January 26, 2013

Better late than never.

+
What is funnier than watching a bunch of eight year olds that haven't ever been roller-skating?
 
 
Maybe a few things, but this rates right up there.
 
Yes, no judging. 
Justin had his 8th birthday party today...3 1/2 months after his birthday.
 
Hey, we've been busy!
 
Justin, going down again.  Mitch trying to give pointers.
 
Careful buddy.
 
Getting ready for cake & ice cream.
 
This was funny. 
Until the kids started coming to the house, he didn't realize he'd be getting gifts today. 
 He got so excited. 
 
He had so much fun.  We don't usually have 'friend birthday parties', but they do get one when they turn eight.  So this was a treat.  All the little boys that came had a lot of fun and were such good sports to try something new.  We were there for two hours and it was amazing how much improvement they made in such a short amount time.
 
We never think to go roller-skating. 
Maybe we'll try to remember to go a few more times this year.
Do any of you go roller-skating?
 
It was a fun day.
 
 
 
This is just a random picture of the sunset the other night.  I was making dinner and looked out the window and loved what I saw. 
Thought I'd share.

 


1 comment:

Lucy said...

That looks like a very fun birthday party. Bonus on the gifts, too, heh Justin?
For being a terrible roller skater myself, it sure seems like we ended up there quite a bit. I always enjoyed watching, too :)