Can you even see it? Josie took this picture for me at night. We ended up with 1/2" of ice and yes it was beautiful, but not what I was looking for. Needless to say the kids were home from school.... again. I think after this winter we'll be having 'year round' school just to catch up on missed days!
By Thrusday the ice had melted and all was well. I was thinking I might be back on track for the arrival of spring. Then on Friday morning it started to snow (you guessed it, the kids were home early that day) and by Sunday it became this.

Yes, I've seen Justin since we took this photo. So he did get out...somehow.
So now I'm back to square one. Sorry for being so whiny here. I'm just way past ready for one of my 53 days of sun shine that we get a year, here in Ohio. I think I'll go buy myself some flowers.
9 comments:
Yeah! I am so glad you have a blog. Well, we don't have snow in Texas - I would share some of our sunny days with you, though its been rainy lately. Welcome to blog world - I have just gotten started with blogspot too, so we will both learn together. :)
Did the snow up to Justin's chest slow him down any? I bet he was in heaven. That would have been way too much fun for a kid! Our snow is starting to melt quite nicely. Like you, I am all too ready for grass and good weather. (mostly for the kids to get outside and play)
I love winter and I love spring!! I just hate the time in between them... Muddy, dirty, wet, and loads of nice brown snow!! Yuck! I can't wait for the snow to go away!!
Hi Cassie,
So good to hear from you and see that you are having Spring withdrawls and it's not just us up here in the frozen tundra.
How are you? I keep checking that blog...get crackin!
Talk to you soon. Lataun
Welcome to the blog world Cassie!
I thought that spring might be coming here yesterday....then this morning when I woke up and looked out the window this morning... MORE SNOW! And LOTS LOTS LOTS of it! Rats. I've given up. Maybe next year....
(cute background by the way!)
I didn't realize you have been having a more intense winter too. It's crazy. I'll bet the kids have loved the snow days though. There's nothing like a snow day when you're a kid. There's also nothing like a snow day when you're a mom!
Don't feel alone with your snow, (although, yours is probably all gone by now) We got a bunch today ourselves. Not condusive to bunny shoppers at Mini Bazaar!
We'll help you pray for sunshine. It's your turn for some!
Yeah, it just seems wrong for the Easter Bunny to be coming out in the white wonderland of snow! I have to say I have spent the week in Utah and there is GRASS here! It is even GREEN!
Who would have thought that a 3 1/2 hour drive could be such a BIG diff in weather?!?!
Sure wish it would warm up so I could send ya over those green sandals!!! (they are in storage or i'd send them to you now)
Post a Comment