Monday, July 7, 2008

Growing Pains

Do you remember wanting something but the fear of doing or getting it was just too much? Mine was getting my ears pierced. I wanted to get earrings so badly, and yet, the fear of pain was too much for me to do it. I remember my dad and I in the mall one night before Christmas and he was all ready to take me to get them done. I still chickened out.

Well, something similar is going on in our house right now. We have four bedrooms, but up till now only three have been used regularly. The one in the basement has always been used for a toy room/guest bedroom. Todd declared that he was sick of the messes that Mitch & Justin make in the boys room and that as soon as Grandpa & Grandma left from their visit he was moving down to that room. And he did. His dresser is down there. His PlayStation thing (and all the crap that goes with it) is down there. All his stuff is down there.

And this is how we find him each night when we check on the kids before we go to bed....


I'm sure they ask (and maybe beg) him to let them sleep down there, but I have never heard him say no or complain. I've also heard him announce that he was getting ready to go down to bed. Almost like a call to anyone interested to join him. I shouldn't get a kick out of this, but he was so 'out of there' that it makes me giggle.
I remember when Toby moved to the basement in out house when we were little. I slept down there in the bottom bunk quite a bit myself. So it is a normal concern/fear, I'm sure.
We all have fears, but we grow up, mature, and get over them. My ears have been pierced for years now and since then I've done several things that hurt MUCH worse. So, till Todd gets over this fear I think we'll just let the boys stick together. And yes, his room is always clean.

5 comments:

Becky said...

I love it!! When I was a kid my older brother moved his room downstairs but slept on my trundle bed almost every night!! It must run in every family.... I just love the picture of the boys completely clocked ~ it cracks me up!!

Lucy said...

Yea for Todd. I love a brave guy like that! I'm sure there are certain rules that they are abiding by, though. Nice group of boys there.

Audrey said...

I am totally with him on that one! I moved downstairs and think I may have slept in my room a total of a week in 3 or 4 years! I hopped in with Bobbi or Geri and tried real hard to make them think I was doing it for them... not me! Cute little fella's they are! I betcha Josie is LOVING having the upstairs to herself!

Bobbi said...

Todd is such a lucky guy...moving downstairs. I would love to move downstairs, but I think I would sleep way too long! Sounds like heaven to me.

Audrey said...

cute yikes picture and background by the way!