
I've been a little overly stressed about my latest hair cut. If you've been around me in since Wednesday you know that is all I've talked about, thought about, & worried about. And no. Not one compliment has changed my mind otherwise. (But thanks for them anyway.)
Here is the story. Sorry, I'm not making it a short one.
A year ago my hairdresser moved to another state. I've now decided that I'd rather have my doctor move than my hair lady. Everything hinges on how the hair looks. Am I right? So, I started the hunt for my new gal. I started right there in the same salon. She knew me already, my old girl left my card with my info, and I already had the phone number in my head.
It was all good. I was happy with her cuts and she was getting there with the colors. But I wasn't in love, so I went looking. I found someone that was amazing. I could tell her or show her what I wanted and that is exactly what I got. Her only problem was that she is an absolute psycho and I have to look for her every time I need my hair done because she moves around from salon to salon, all the time, and her phone number never stays the same.
So, it was time for a cut and I couldn't find her, again, and truth be told, I wasn't sure I could deal with her insane personality this past week. So I went back to where it was safe...or so I thought. I took in a picture (same picture that I took to the crazy hair lady last month) to show her what I had done last time so we could be on the same page.....
When I pass a mirror I am shocked at what I see, every time. I don't even look like me. My sweet husband has had a field day coming up with jokes and comments. (Now I'm thrilled he'll be at scout camp all of next week.)
I can hear you now. 'Where is the picture? What does it look like?' I tried. I really did. At this point I just can't bring myself to post one. Up till now I have successfully keep myself off of this blog and now just doesn't seem like the right time to grace the screen.
So all I want is your sympathy and condolences. And if your hair didn't do its thing today, just think to yourself, "at least I don't look like Cassie".
10 comments:
Don't let her fool you. It may not be what she wanted, but it's not near as bad as she's saying! Cassie looks cute and beautiful no matter what!
You've got to post a picture of your new hair do!! You never know, it might just be the coolest thing ever!! Different is good too. :)
Just hang in there, Cassie. It will get back to where you want it, and anyhow, your change in hair didn't change you. You're still the best around.
Cassie...my condolences. I totally understand what a bad haircut or bad hairday can do to the self esteem. I've had my share of bad hairdays, but of course no bad haircuts ever since Audrey started cutting hair. I guess you'll just have to move to Idaho!
I bet it isn't as bad as you think though...and remember, even a good haircut can seem bad the first few days. Give it a few days and then get back to us. Maybe take a nice long nap too...that always helps me.
I remember getting a shortie hair cut once. (1 1/2" at the longest) My next stop after the appointment was a family reunion. NOT GOOD. It's terrible how much of your self esteem is wound up in your hair, but it's true. Hang in there for a couple of weeks, and you'll be good. I promise!!
Just read the latest in your kid sayings...Where does Mitch come from? He is so hilarious. What a gem of a boy. Thanks for a great laugh!
Ohhhh Cassie! I am soooo sorry! I was almost in tears UNTIL I read Mom's comment! Just so you ALL know.... I was in Beauty School AND Wanda Luloff (my instructor, that is a whole other story) came over to help me get started and Mom and I both about S#?!t when she took those first couple of snips! Then I had to finish her up and take the blame for the 2inch grandma hair! (SORRY MOM!) Mom you forgot to tell the part when I was trying to style it with the blowdryer and you finally grabbed it from me and said "give me the damn dryer!"
Anyways, My suggestion to you is get a GREAT flat iron and rock that cut! Also, next time you go to the mall or around town SEARCH your little heart out for a cute head of hair that has similar texture to yours and get her lady's number!! When we lived in Wisconsin I traveled to the border of Illinois to get my hair done cuz I had "one of those" experiences!
Cassie i just love your blog! mitch's revelation on his dream theory cracked me up. but, my big question is why have i have never seen a picture of lucy with 1 1/2" hair?!?
Yes, Jason, Mitch is a wonder...and the reason why you have never seen a pic of my mom with 1 1/2" hair is the same reason why you'll never see the hair cut I have right now. I can't even walk by a mirror without breaking out into a cold sweat. I just pray it has grown some by Christmas or we may just not make it to Idaho.
Cassie, I'm sure you are still darling. Anyone with hair as nice as yours could not have a total disaster. This whole thing makes me nervous though, as today is the day I am going for my first hair cut/color in Brazil. I don't even know how to tell them how I want it and I don't know if it would help if I did. Excuse me, I think I have to go throw up.
Post a Comment