Friday, September 26, 2008

Cake & Girlfriends


What would you do for a gallon of milk and a few containers of Stage 1 baby food?

I guess I decided that I'd do most anything because I took the 4 youngest kids to Wally's to do a little shopping.

In our store they place a cart of day old bakery stuff that is on sale over by the milk and egg area. Mauri saw a cake on the cart. She yelled out that she wanted cake. Before I could respond Justin yells right back, "NO! We are having cake on Sunday when I invite my 5 girlfriends over for my birthday."

About then my eyeballs rolled back in my head wondering where he gets this stuff and if he could have said it any louder. Then I hear a lady behind us rolling in laughter. I looked around and she came up to me and asked if he just said that he has five girl friends. I was so happy to find someone that was willing to smile at me and told her she heard right. We saw her a couple isles later and she was still laughing.

So thank you nice, older lady. I'm glad that we were able to make someone smile at Wal-Mart.


5 comments:

Becky said...

Does Justin's reply have you living in fear over his teenage years? Good luck!

Bobbi said...

I bet I know where Justin got the idea about his 5 girlfriends??!! Could it be his older brother---Mitch? I loved that story, I would've laughed if I was in the store too.

hmmm said...

oh man. you are brave.
(& how did Justin get 5 girlfriends all at once?? he's a real lady's man isnt' he? keep you eye on that one!)

hmmm said...

HEY! did you take out some stuff or am I a little CRAZY??? (i just went back to read it to Jason and i couldn't go on. i just didn't know what i was looking at and then i wondered if it was ever there at all--if maybe i just imagined it.)
what are you doing to me?

Cassie said...

Ya, you're crazy, but you aren't imagining things. I had a few people that seemed to be confused about some of the post so I just eliminated that part so I would stop getting bugged when questioned about it.