Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Established 1974


As you know, I love my birthday.


What makes my birthday so special this year is that I think I'll be able to remember how old I am all year without having to quickly calculate when someone asks. The years that end in {5} or {0} seem to be easier to remember. These past two years I've had an awful time remembering how old I was.


As usual, someone was sick and puking on my birthday. This year Mitch took a turn. Oh well, I got to do what I do best.
Be the mom.


We were going to go out and eat last night and then get my cake...aka, birthday banana splits (I don't love cake). Then it turned out that we needed to stay home so when I ran to the store last night I picked up everything to make the perfect banana splits. When I got home I realized that I forgot one thing...THE ICE CREAM! You kinda need that. So that got put on hold till tonight.


A great big shout out to all my awesome friends and family. The phone calls, emails, cards, gifts, e-cards, facebook comments...all of it, I loved it all.
I'm so blessed
and yesterday was another great birthday.



9 comments:

Mardi said...

Happy Birthday, Cas. I am so glad that you love your birthday and you don't mind the numbers as they come. It really bothers me when people get all uptight about being another year old. It's life so enjoy it, right? You have such a great attitude. i'm going to be more like you.

hmmm said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY cassie dear!

i LOVE you + hope you have a fabulous b-day!
(35?? but you look so young!)

Becky said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! 35 isn't old at all... Hope you have some awesome banana splits tonight!!

Lucy said...

Happy Birthday at home. Maybe you can go out this weekend. Hope Mitch is feeling better.

jason said...

Cassie you're awesome! I love ya too. Hope your birthday "rocks your socks off!" (as Geri often says)

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Happy Birthday--we hope it was a fantastic one (sick kids and all) and that being 35 is even better than being 34. (I keep telling myself that getting older is good because it just gets better, right? Right!)

Audrey said...

Happy Birthday Cass! I hope your banana splits were divine.... if I were there I would ask for a nice big one... minus the banana though!

Millie and Me said...

I hope you enjoyed your banana splits, Happy Birthday!!!!
You realize you were born when I was just starting High School, gee whiz I didn't realize I was that much older...I guess the numbers really don't matter to much when you have such a wonderful friend like you...Luv ya!!!

Battfam said...

Here's wishing you another great year.!