Monday, March 23, 2009

Mother's & Daughter's

Art By: Daphne Keskinis

Friday night Josie and I went to the symphony together. We had a fabulous time. We left early so we could do a little shopping and a little eating (mac & cheese at Noodles) before the performance.

At dinner I took a good look at her and she had changed right before my eyes! What happened to the little girl with the pixie haircut? Who is this beautiful young woman that is now taller than me? When did we stop talking about Clifford, The Big Red Dog and start discussing her aggravation with an algebra teacher or 'girl friend' stuff?
This post has been in the making for several weeks now. It started with going to high school orientation. It was then the thought occurred to me (and Layne) we only have four more years with Josie living with us! I know most parents are very partial, but I do have to say...Josie is a joy to have as a daughter and Layne and I got VERY lucky to have her join our family.


I don't know how many times people told me through the years to "enjoy this time". "It all goes so fast". Ya, ya, I know...it's flying by.....as I haul bawling children out of Sacrament Meeting, or clean up a sick kid. Now reality has hit. Time doesn't stop for me to enjoy the special moments so I must take them when I can.


My sister Audrey just had her first daughter this past weekend. Congratulations to her and Lane. Just a bit of big sisterly advice, Aud. Enjoy the time. She'll be grown up before you know it.

9 comments:

hmmm said...

not sure if it was this touching subject
or the pretty picture of Josie (who is a young woman now)
or the emotional music in the background (Jason is watching Extreme Home Makeover)

but i'm choked up.

Lucy said...

Time is passing faster every year, I swear. Do enjoy them!
We have been looking forward to having Josie move out West for college, though.....where did the time go?

Bobbi said...

That is great advice (as I am yelling at Rook to stop building castles out of the containers of jam that I just made). I guess he can build the castle and I'll enjoy it!

Miller Family said...

We love you Josie! I'm so glad I get to see you every week! I so enjoy your positive attitude and wonderful example!

SHELLY said...

ohhhh, now I feel guilty for sending my kid away to boarding school......NOT!
HAHA, Josie has always been a cutie. You know, in that pic she looks like Bella on Twilight (only cuter)

Becky said...

First Audrey's little bit of sweetness, and now your little bit getting all grown up. Sheesh, where's the kleenex?

Mardi said...

She's so dang pretty, Cas!

Audrey said...

I love that little Jose! I can't believe how fast time truly does fly cuz I swear it wasn't THAT long ago that she was that adorable and sweet and now she is a full on beautiful young lady!! Yikes Cass, you can't lose your best helper!
ps i hope that hand isn't yours in the last pic... looks kinda old and wrinkly to be yours, but then again you do have a teenage daughter! hehe

Battfam said...

What a nice post. Great pictures too.