Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Joys of June

June was fast & fun.
Todd's baseball team made it to the county championship game!


What a fun season this has been.
We ended up with 2nd place, but getting that far was 1/2 the fun.
It's all good.

Look who came home!
George is back. Judd LOVES George and got him for Christmas. They never left each others side for a whole week. By the time we got back home to Ohio (we spent Christmas in Idaho) George was missing. Our fear was that he dropped out of the van somewhere in Wyoming while we had a potty break.
We asked everyone in Idaho if he somehow got left at their houses. No one had seen him.

Then Carter (Bobbi's oldest) made Judd's day. He was at Grandma Lucy's and found George in the storage room at her house! After Justin found out that George was coming home he checked the mail every day till he got here.
Once again, George & Judd are together.
(Carter is our new Hero!!!)
Here is Judd eating breakfast this morning with his buddy George.

I always get a little sad when things in the garden get finished. The latest to leave has been the peas, lettuce, & spinach.
BUT
Just as I think I'm sad that they are gone, Layne brings in a bucket of new, yummy things. So I'm okay again. (And dinner was divine.)
I love this time of year when we get to eat the yummiest food from the garden.

JULY is Here
Todd had a great time at Scout camp last week. 5 merit badges earned! Yea!
Josie leaves next week for Girls Camp. As usual, she's pumped.
Mitch has Day camp the week after that.
I'm camped out and I'm not even going.

5 comments:

Bobbi said...

Your potatos and carrots look so good right now! Carter loves the part about him being your "hero" now. He had a permanennt grin after reading that. Enjoy your garden.

Lucy said...

Soujnds like you've been running hard at your place. Your kitchen sink looks pretty darn clean, too. I'd like to try some carrots....they look tasty!

hmmm said...

there is nothing like garden-dinners. i'm soooo pumped to get to have a garden of my own again and eat all those tasty morsels... (looks deluctable)

p.s. our fave part was justin checking the mail every day.
p.p.s. we have a ward campout this weekend (and we're in charge) i wish i could be camped out. actually, i need to score me an air mattress quick!

Battfam said...

Looks fun and busy at your place. I love the monkey story. You should write it in a little book form and have him draw and color the pictures for it. (Yeah, like in your spare time, right?)

Millie and Me said...

Well what are you doing for July? Everyone else sounds busy, do you have something fun planned for you??