Saturday, October 23, 2010

Let's Catch Up

Happy Fall Everyone!  It is WAY past time for a new post.  Life got real crazy these past few weeks with football, show choir, marching band, last details on our house, etc.  So here is a very quick catch up. 
Sadly, I don't seem to have any pics of Justin's birthday.  We took some so I'll have to look harder for them.  But he is now six. 
A little update for him and going to school -
Bribery is good and he was willing to go to school for 15 days without
crying to earn a Double Barrel Nerf Shotgun. 
At the end of the 15 days he decided that he really likes school.  So life got easier after that.
School also started the same week that my dad got so sick.  So when we could see that he was going to get better my stress level went down.  This all happened all around the same time so I'm not sure what really helped him, but the good news is that going to school isn't bad anymore.


 Todd played football this year.  He really seemed to enjoy it.  He really stunk when I picked him up from practice everyday.  gag   The season just got over last week.  They did pretty good this year.  He made a couple interceptions this season.  Those were fun to see.  Next year high school?  YIKES


 My dear Layne.  He has been putting the floors down in our house.  He got done a couple weeks ago, but has yet gotten feeling back in his finger tips.  I guess 1200 sq ft of tile can do that to a guys fingers.  Todd was awesome help too.  I'd dump him off after football and they'd work and work.  It looks beautiful and one of the subcontractors asked Layne if he used lay tile for a living.  That was a nice compliment.

  

Here are the boys on the wood floor Layne put down.



Mitch was sent out to rake leaves. This is what I found. A Santa hat? Really?






At some point this past month Justin needed some money so he set up his table and cash register and was trying to sell all the 'extra' scriptures we have, to us.  I think Josie and I are the only ones that bought some.  Not too bad of a deal.  $1.00 a book.  I'm glad to know that he figured out a way to make money on his own.  He even combed his hair nice and got a button shirt on.  What a guy. 


Sorry mom, this isn't the best picture. I took it on the way to school yesterday morning and it looks like I need to try again. I'll get a new one up soon.

 



We had fun with the camera a couple Sunday's ago.  The last time we did a laying down picture was years ago when the kids were little.  I'll have to find it somehow, somewhere, someday and compare the two.





Here is the kitchen floor.  Now the molding is up and it looks nice and finished.
I can't get this up where I want it.  Sorry.


6 comments:

Mardi said...

So great to hear what y'all have been up to. Your kids are all grown up! I just think you have the sweetest family. Can you tell me what color the paint is in your kitchen. It looks like the perfect green. Mine is TOOO green. :)

Battfam said...

Love all the pictures and the updates. The trees are so pretty in that first picture. Is that on your property?

Glad to hear things worked out and Justin is happy at school. You were smart with your Nerf gun bribe. I ended up helping at the school one morning a week for the whole year when I had that same problem with #3. Why didn't I think of a Nerf gun? Why? Why?

I love the house. The tile looks great. The different sizes and colors are beautiful. Good job, Layne. I'll bet you can't wait to move in.

Lucy said...

I love this post. I feel like I'm caught up on the kids and the house. The kids look awesome and I'm sure Grandpa would be impressed with Justin's entrepreneur attitude. The button up shirt did it for sure. What a guy! Your house looks so beautiful. It will be perfect, I'm pretty sure.

Lucy said...

Also....how on earth did Mitch find the Santa hat at the apartment on Oct. 22nd? Funny how certain things show up, when other things are lost somewhere in that mountain of boxes in storage.

hmmm said...

Oooo. The house looks beauty! I'm most definitely going to be coming for a visit :) Jas and I think Juddy has a future career in being a Living Scriptures salesman, with the button shirt and all.

Audrey said...

YAY! Your house looks beautiful!! Lane and I both love the porch!
I need to plan a visit to the Midwest for sure!
Glad for the update... wish I had the motivation to do so as well!
Good luck with the move! Can't wait to see more pics!