Now let me get this right.
B.C. = B.C.E.
A.D. = C.E.
I really thought I kept up with what my kids are doing at school. I check their reading lists, 'growing up' classes, religious ed classes, etc. But the other day I noticed that one of my kids had a book with B.C. E. in it.
To my surprise, I was informed that they had started using B.C.E and C.E. quite a while ago. I didn't even know! Then a couple of days later I was watching a show on PBS about Jerusalem and they were using the B.C.E. and C.E. system. (Seemed a little strange to not use a Christan counting system when talking about Christ/religion.) So at that point I realized it wasn't a school thing, it was a global thing.
This may not be news to you, but if you are like me and didn't know: They have taken out the 'Before Christ' and 'After Death' and changed them to 'Before Current Era' and 'Current Era'. This is weird and I don't understand how you classify a current era. I guess I've got to read up a little more to figure out what happened the year Christ was born that they decided to call it Current Era.
Is it any wonder this world is falling apart?
I did read somewhere that Texas is keeping the B.C. & A.D. in their text books. I've always liked Texas.
6 comments:
Yeah, I think it's weird that they have to keep changing stuff like this...it's just a technicality.
By the way, I love Justin's latest quotes. That kid has a hilarious way of looking at the world. Haaaaa I love that he called the wii for when he gets married! Tell him that most girls don't care too much about video games, so I think he won't have too much competition as a married couple for the wii.
Wow. I really had no idea of that change. It kind of makes me mad. I will be sure to tell my kids when they are in school that BCE and CE are idiotic.
You are ahead of me. I didn't know about the change either. I wonder if it has changed in Idaho.
I was in the dark on this one too. I wonder why we haven't had a Forward spread around on the Internet about it. Whoever "they" are who keep doing stuff like this just won't quit. It bugs. Maybe we need to find out who "they" are.
I like Texas too. Most of it anyway. The culture in my "hood" is a little different, but Texas as a whole is great.
Oh geesh.... seriously, what is this world coming to?
Post a Comment