It was filled with baseball and swimming lessons. The one extra great thing in June was when I met up with Jason & Geri in North Carolina.
![]() |
| http://www.meandhimblog.com/ I hadn't seen them for one whole year, so I was extra excited to spend a week together. I hadn't been to North Carolina before (love it) and I really, really had never driven to North Carolina before. I would have remembered. After getting over the Appalachian Pass (pronounced a-puh-"LATCH"-uhn ~ we had a sister missionary here once that was from North Carolina that made sure us dumb Northerners knew our verbal mistake), I must admit I was pretty car sick, but I bounced back after a coke and a sandwich. I made it to the Raleigh-Durham airport with 30 minutes to wait for my companions to arrive. It wasn't the sightseeing type of vacation, unless you think beautiful old buildings at an old university, namely Duke University, is beautiful. Let me tell you, it really is. I wasn't very smart and I forgot my camera so you'll just have to believe me when I say that Duke is lovely as are the people that work at the hospital & clinic. Geri has more details if you'd like to know more about that adventure. We got really good at sitting and waiting. And once again here we are waiting ..... Jason needs some lungs, like now. And Duke really wants him, but there are some technical difficulties at the moment so they are doing some more waiting to get things figured out. Go Team Jason One funny moment was at the end of the first night (the nicest family let us use their home while they were away on vacation) Geri & I kicked off our shoes and propped our feet up on the ottoman, next to each other, and we had to same color toe nails. Ha! A beautiful aqua blue color. We picked the same summer toe nail color. We are such sisters. |

2 comments:
We were so happy to get to see you too! And I also loved that we had the very same shade of mint green (or blue or whatever it is) toenail polish! We definitely are sissies, aren't we?! :)
Love you! Thanks again.
Hey, I think I saw that same color on Bobbi or possibly Audrey.
We are getting excited to see NC as well sometime in the near future :)
By the way, June did go fast and I'm sure I thought that last year, too.
Post a Comment