Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pondering Nineteen



I was thinking about the number 19.  Not too much glam goes with it.  There aren't even any traditional gifts that are attached to it for something like an anniversary.  It is one more than 18 or one less than 20.  See what I mean?

BUT, Nineteen is the last of the 'teen' years, so I guess that is kind of cool.  The 19th amendment gave women the right to vote, so that is pretty awesome.  The 19th U.S. President was Rutherford B. Hayes.  He was born about an hour from where I live and his wife's name was Lucy, so that is nice.  I got married at age 19, had a baby on the 19th, and got married on the 19th.   
I guess there is more to the number 19 than I originally considered. 

So today I'll proclaim that the official 19th Anniversary Gift is a Fresh Peach Pie (if you have a summer anniversary, like we do).  Layne is going to be so excited.  It's his fave.

Happy Anniversary Layne! 
Our 19th year married on the 19th of August!

xxoo

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Happy Anniversary to you two!!
I've always really liked the number 19. Lots of good 19's and I enjoyed all yours, too. Didn't know Rutherford's wife was named Lucy either :)

Miller Family said...

Congratulations on 19 years Cassie & Layne! That's something to be proud of!

Mardi said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember your wedding reception...I just wanted to go home and go to bed so my birthday would come sooner! (selfish, I know, but I was only 7 - turning 8) :) I could really use some of that yummy looking peach pie!