We found this darling food hamper by our front door this morning.
(A hamper is a British word for a wicker basket. Yes, I watched Downton last night.)
I had to go get some dog food and milk this morning.
What? You did too? Weird.
When I returned home I saw this cute basket sitting on the porch.
I asked Mitch to go out and see what it was.
Then I hear, "You have got to be kidding".
This is what we found.
A nice breakfast and three handmade cards
from three young girls.
Card #1 - a girl that professes her undying love for Mitch. With lots of flowers and hearts and young love fluff written all over the card.
Card #2 - a girl that says "hi" and that she is just helping girl #1 and hoped that he enjoyed the breakfast they made for him. (this is the only girl I really do know, and yes, I like her)
Card #3 - a girl that only says, "I poisoned your breakfast!"
I think I love girl #3.
They brought him a bowl of sausage & biscuits and gravy, two red velvet pancakes, two fried eggs, and three slices of bacon.
They did a very nice job. As a person that cooks a lot, I dug in to see how well they cook.
The eggs were perfectly done over-easy.
The bacon was cooked to perfection. NO kidding.
The pancakes and biscuits & gravy were as good as any I've ever seen.
I was impressed by these 12 year old's cooking skills.
The only problem?
We didn't notice they had droopped it off for sometime, apparently. It was only 13° F when we got up and when we found the hamper all of the food was frozen solid.
Never fear. Frozen food doesn't scare us.
What does scare me is that girls are already starting to bring Mitch food.
I know about girls that make boys food.
I used to be one of them.
8 comments:
Yikes! You might be in for it. Also remind me to never put food coloring in a pancake. Yikes again.
Yikes! You might be in for it.
Sorry about the double comment. A note popped up that said it didn't work so I did it again.
too funny, poor Mitch, it is all starting too early for him, and sounds like a little too fast...how did Mitch react? What were his thoughts? Just curious... glad you got to enjoy it! hehehe!
That is so funny! I love his response - "You've got to be kidding me."
Mitch's woman skills are paying off early. Pretty clever....and a nice mom to drive them. :)
hahahahahahahahahaha
I loved this! I bet he was secretly in high heaven. :0
Post a Comment