Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Eagle has Landed

Congratulations, Todd!

 
 
April 12, 2013
Bellefontaine, Ohio
 
 
Our three Coleman Scouts.
 
 
 
It is so nice that this has finally happened.
Todd finished his Eagle quite a while ago, but it seemed like one thing after another kept getting in the way to finalize the whole process. 
Anyone who has ever had to work with "the scout office" knows that anything could and probably will happen.  The day Layne heard me use the word 'incompitent' more than once over the phone he knew it was time for him to step in.
 
But, that is all behind us, and we had such a wonderful evening with friends and family.
Thank you to everyone that helped in anyway.  From day one to the court of honor.  Todd (and Layne & I) couldn't have done it without you.
 
Todd, who doesn't really like recognition type moments, wanted it short & sweet.  And that it was.
 
These are a few letters of recognition from Ohio's Governor Kasich, Ohio Congressman Jim Jordan, a couple of commissioners from the BSA, the President of the USA, and a nice letter from the
General Young Men Presidency
of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
 
 
 
He even gave a very nice acceptance speech.
 
 

 
Then we had some yummy, and super duper darling refreshments.
 
We had some of Todd's favorites...
*cupcakes*
* Rice Krispie Treats, USA style, of course*
*and other yummy vegetables and dip*

Now, lets talk about the eagle cupcake toppers.
I handed over the ingredients and my friend Beth whipped them out in a flash.
I can't look at these without smiling.  They just make me happy.
I'm thinking these will have to make an appearance at the 4th of July party.
(Not these ones, but some just like them.)
 
My friend Becky is my go-to when I want anything with pretty frosting. 
She made the cupcakes so very very pretty and totally delish.
 
 
 
 
When we all got home last night I noticed that Todd walked in with a big smile on his face.
He had a good time, and that made me the happiest.
 
 
One more smile before you go.
They are so stinkin' cute!


2 comments:

LD said...

Way to go Todd!
And super adorable, yummy food, Cassie.

Lucy said...

Very nice work...to everybody. Todd is a very handsome Eagle Scout...if I do say so myself.
Can't wait for Eagle cupcakes this summer!