Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Favorite Month


I love July. Who doesn't? There is sun, swimming, picnics, & fireworks. Not to mention homemade ice cream, snow cones, and of course watermelon.
One reason I love July so much is my own selfish, personal reason...

Here is what my calendar looks like every May & June:

And then this is how July looks:


Ahhhh, doesn't that just look heavenly? Not much of anything that we have to do. We can mostly just do what we want, when we want.

Another fun thing about this month is that Layne always takes vacation. Honda shuts down for the week of the 4th of July and Layne usually adds on some of his vacation too to make it a nice long break. But this year he is taking a week here and a week there all summer long. It has been fun so far, but I do have to say, when he is home from work it gets expensive. I swear he is at Lowe's everyday. Today the boys came home from Lowe's and pulled the truck out into the backyard. When I went to see what was going on this is what I found...

...a new fire pit. For 13 years we have had a fire pit that was just big rocks found on our property and a shallow hole. We've had many good cook outs with friends and family out there. Now we have a very pretty block fire pit. Good job Layne & boys!









And one more thing I love about July is celebrating our country, The United States of America. I am so grateful to all the men and women that have and currently are keeping us safe and providing us with the freedoms that we hold so dear. We have friends and family that are currently in Iraq and we couldn't be more proud of them and all those that work with them. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!


Have a wonderful 4th of July everyone!

9 comments:

Debbie said...

4th of July is one of my favorite holidays as well. I love the parade and the fireworks, BBQ with families, everything. I asked Devin today what he missed most about Ohio and he said Mitch. We would love to have you stop and visit anytime you make it this way. We all miss your family.

Lucy said...

Hope you have a great 4th of July, too. We'll miss you at tne flag raising! Send us a picture of your first cook out in the new pit. Sounds fun.

Bobbi said...

Whoa! Just looking at your May and June calendar gave me a panic attack! You survived so now you can enjoy a Great July. How awesome of Layne to build you a fire pit. Your kids will be out there every night toasting up marshmallows for smores. Lucky you.

Miller Family said...

Wow! Sounds like July is good for you! We don't have a free weekend between the time school gets out and when school starts! Summer is ALWAYS busy for us. Nice fire ring. Jason wants one. I had no idea you guys had one before this one =0) How fun! I don't like summer at all. I would like Fall all year. Summer is too hot, too muggy and WAYYYY too busy. Have a good 4th!

Lataun said...

Cassie,

I can relate to your May and June calendars and I just looked at my July and it is empty too. I loved this post...so true!

Lataun

p.s. how do you put multiple pics on your blog? (more than 4?)

Becky said...

Hey... I'm glad you finally get to move out of your car, I mean living in it for May and June had to get a little crazy!! (tell Layne awesome fire pit... I hope Toby reads this and gets an idea!!)

Lucy said...

Yup, July is great. A little warm, but everything grows and it is just a great time for kids and adults.
I always look forward to the annual flag raising and then picnic, fireworks, ballgames, whatever suits your fancy!
Have a great day!

Audrey said...

WOW! You ARE busy! I hope my kids never grow up if that means your calander gets THAT jam packed!
Enjoy the month.... it is already a week into it dangit!

Battfam said...

I loved this post Cassie. Have a great July.