Saturday, March 7, 2009

Make the Change


It never fails. Someone shows up to church a hour late because they forgot to reset their clocks. It always makes me giggle.
Just a friendly reminder to 'spring ahead' tonight.
Last year I thought it was so funny because even a whole day later Layne had someone come to work a hour late because they forgot. LOL
I love going around and changing all my clocks. I start around 6:00 pm. If you don't know me, or haven't been to my house...I have a few clocks. I LOVE clocks. One day someone commented on my clocks (I have some pretty big ones and all sizes in between.) and Layne jokingly said that he put a limit on my clocks to five per room. Well, I took that as a challenge. The kitchen is done but I've got a couple more rooms to go....

6 comments:

Lucy said...

Losing an hour makes me tired tonight! I remember my Senior High School English teacher coming in an hour late because he didn't know it was "that time of year". Thanks for the reminder. I've changed them a little early, then Jay changed them, so our clocks sprung ahead 2 hours that year! We'll just do one this year.

Becca's Blog said...

Okay I've got to admit that I was an hour late once to something that happened about 2 or 3 WEEKS after the daylight saving change. In my defense I had changed all of my clocks except for my huge Howard Miller clock because I lived alone at the time and it was kind of a hard clock to change by yourself. And the day I was an hour late it was beccause I had only been in the room with my big Howard Miller clock and so I'd just forgotten that I hadn't changed it and it wasn't until my friend called me wondering where in the heck I was that I even realized.

So basically, thanks for the reminder and this year I'll make sure to change ALL of my clocks.

Audrey said...

That is funny! With 9am church tomorrow I was thinking about pretending to be one of those that accidently forgot! Okay, I am kidding but I can't wait to sit back and watch who really does do that tomorrow!

Bobbi said...

I think only one family was an hour late today for church. Kind of funny. I had to be at church early this morning, so I am feeling a little bit tired myself. However, I LOVE this time change. It stays lighter later :)

Familia Martinez said...

I am usually the one that forgets to jump back in the fall so I show up an hour early and get mad that I missed getting that extra hour of sleep. I am glad we had church at 1 today because getting three kids ready by myself is quite the challenge. But next week the challenge will be to go to the right ward. =)

hmmm said...

this "change" has been the death of my ENTIRE WEEK!
(as i told you before)
oh yeah, and the soup was oh-so-deliciouco-so!
thank you very much. you fixed me up in a pinch!
LOVE YOU!